Posted February 26, 2014
Great Canadian Holidays & Coaches was pleased to accept the Environment and Sustainability award at this February's KW Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards. Great Canadian has made outstanding commitments to sustainable development as environmental leaders in the community by taking action through self-initiated environmental practices and programs beyond legislative requirements, finding energy or waste efficiencies within the past year and providing environmental stewardship, education on innovation.
Great Canadian has demonstrated our commitment to the environment through a myriad of green initiatives in our building, property, marketing materials, education and more.
· Installed on our building rooftop are 336 state-of-the-art solar panels generating a significant amount of energy for the community grid.
· Above-ground tanks collect rainwater to use for our coach/truck wash.
· Our bi-annual catalogue is printed on FSC paper from sustainable and healthy forests.
· We promote the environmental benefits of travelling on a coach through our 'Think Green...Go Blue' program.
· All interior lights have been upgraded to energy efficient models with motion activated lights to reduce energy consumption.
· The rooftop insulation has been upgraded.
· Air curtains have been installed on our garage bay doors to reduce heat loss.
· Recycled asphalt surface covers a significant part of our extensive parking lot.
· Great Canadian coach drivers are incentivized to reduce their idling to meet our strict guidelines, and they are monitored electronically to ensure compliance.
· Our newer coaches comply with the strict California 2010 EPA emission standards.
· More initiatives are in the works and in testing stages.
Sustaining the environment and reducing the carbon footprint is always top of mind at Great Canadian Holidays and Coaches. We thank the Chamber of Commerce for recognizing this commitment with the Environment and Sustainability Award.